Tantrums

I've finally found it! The area where my little princess is truly advanced. She's a champion tantrum thrower. And she didn't wait until she turned two. No no - our girl is gifted. Nineteen months old and, today, she stomped her little feet and screamed at her daddy because she had to stop playing with a box of bandages in the bathroom. It was comical. And, I'm sure it was just the beginning of more and more assertions of her own little will. She's also learned the word "no" - and she loves to use it. She regularly sticks her little tongue out at me when she gets upset about being told "no." And she's mastered the art of flailing when she doesn't want to be moved or forced into anything.
I've been doing some reading about toddlerhood lately. And I'm comforted that this is absolutely normal. In fact, this is a milestone just like any other - and maybe I should be as proud that she's grown up to be such a fantastic tantrum thrower. I'm not actually delighted by it though. Fortunately, when she's not throwing a fit, she has been as sweet as pie lately. She's also learned to give great hugs and many many kisses. And she's learned the nicest three words in a little girl's vocabulary too: "please" and "thank you." In between meltdowns, she's been thanking me for every little thing. I guess that's a little trade-off. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Love is Amazing

In the Middle of the Mess, By Sheila Walsh - A book review

The Sweetest Sunday