The Nose


I had always wondered why I had been so overly blessed in the nasal department. Not a mystery anymore . . .

A few days back - Lily was settling down for her nap. She was extra cranky and tired - but just tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable. I had laid down next to her - to help her get all cuddly and sleepy. Just when I was sure she was never going to get to sleep she found a perfect position. She laid her head down and stretched her right arm out across my face. It came to rest on my shnaaz. And she fell right to sleep. My nose was just the right size to hold her little arm up and give it a place to rest for a while.

I'm so glad God never saw fit to grant my childhood wishes for a nose like everyone else's. He must've known that someday, I'd need all the nose I could get - to help make my little angel more comfortable at naptime.

Comments

Lois Neate said…
a very sweet story. my mother used to say, "there is a reason for everything."
ZuriMayasa said…
Ahh...the infamous wig that has now become a part of Peace's collection of fun accessories! I'll get you some pictures soon of what she concocts from her imagination with the help of some colorful hair...
Unknown said…
Yes, indeed, God does give us schnozes to entertain our babies! Naomi just loves to pull, pinch and swat at my generaously sized one! Like your story says, it is endearing!

Popular posts from this blog

His Love is Amazing

In the Middle of the Mess, By Sheila Walsh - A book review

The Sacred Slow, by Alicia Britt Chole - A Book Review